Job Post – Pet Sitter
*In addition to the online application below, you must submit a resume detailing your experience with animals (we want to hear any/all pet related experience). Simply reference your last name and “sitter employment” in the subject line of email. Applicant must also submit 2 character references. Emails should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not apply if you are only available a few hours per week, and cannot commit to at least 6 months of work. Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
- Must LOVE ANIMALS
- Must be comfortable handling dogs of all sizes & breeds
- Preferred previous experience with animals, pet ownership, or pet sitting experience.
- Must make a long-term commitment of at least 6 months
- Solid people skills/friendly
- Must be punctual, organized and manage time well
- Must have reliable transportation (Personal vehicle will be used for pet care assignments. Gas in non-refundable and will be at the sitter’s own expense)
- Must have smart phone, computer and home internet connection (must be able to send photos, texts, emails, and occasionally print forms).
- Must have a FLEXIBLE schedule which allows you to be available for various assignments Monday through Sunday, and holidays (available for last minute requests, including pet sitting early mornings, middays, late afternoons, and sleepovers).
- Must be physically able and willing to walk daily; up and down inclines/hills in hot temperatures.
- Must be detail oriented and carefully follow instructions
- Must be responsible, honest, and able to pass a criminal background check
What Does a Typical Pet Sitting Schedule Look Like?
- Scheduling might be weekdays, weekends, holidays, and overnights
- Possibly last minute requests
- Frequent changing of schedule (day to day or week to week)
- Some weeks may be very busy with 5-12 visits daily OR very slow with a few visits per day.
Our Ideal Pet Sitter:
- Someone who is looking for supplemental income (part time work)
- Someone that is physically fit or prepared to engage in daily exercise
- We are looking for individuals who absolutely LOVE animals; slobber, poop and vomit included! If you are squeamish or don’t enjoy getting dirty or being outdoors, THIS JOB IS NOT FOR YOU.
- Have previous experience with animals whether it be pet ownership and/or from previous work experience.
- Are responsible and honest. You will be entering client’s homes and caring for their pets, as well as their homes.
- Someone who is organized, detail-oriented, punctual and have flexible schedules. We deal with many pets who require medication or special diets, and must be handled accordingly. Being punctual is imperative as one late visit in your schedule could back up your entire schedule, which in turn means dogs don’t get out when they need to and leave messy surprises in client’s home.
- Must be comfortable and able to deal with pets of all temperaments and sizes (i.e. dogs that pull, jump, bark).
- Paid training
- Rewarding work with animals
- Being outdoors enjoying VI weather
- Commission pay
- Flexible schedules