Pawsitive Living is a reservation in advance service with last minute requests receiving less flexibility. Please don't assume that because you've submitted a request, that your sitter will be available at the last minute. Visit times fall within designated time blocks, with generally a 2 hour window, and is subject to change based on the needs of all pets under the care of Pawsitive Living. All pets require at least 1 daily visit. We also discourage clients from sharing visits.
We require all pets (where appropriate) to be up-to-date on their vaccinations. Dogs require ID tags and must be walked on a leash. Pawsitive Living does not accept aggressive animals and reserves the right to decline providing services for any such Client. Client will be responsible for costs and damages incurred if a Pet Sitter or other persons are bitten or exposed to any disease received from Client's pet that is not vaccinated.
Pawsitive Living provides 3 options for handling client's house key. Client can purchase a key lock box from the office ($20), provide their own lock box, or have a hideaway spot for key. Pawsitive Living will not be responsible for house keys hidden outside. A $10 fee will be charged for requests of key pick-ups/drop-offs.
Pawsitive Living agrees to provide pet services in a reliable and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services, the client expressly waives any and all claims or liabilities (including damages, losses, costs, & expenses) against Pawsitive Living, its employees or assigns.
- Pawsitive Living or it's employees shall not be held responsible for the actions, loss, injury or death of any pet that the Client keeps outside or has instructed Sitter to allow unsupervised access to the outdoors. This includes outdoor pets, fenced areas, and pets with doggie doors.
- Pawsitive Living shall not be held responsible for any damages to Client's property, or that of others, caused by Client's pet during the period in its care.
- Pawsitive Living accepts no responsibility for security of premises or loss if other individuals have access to the home during the term of this agreement.
Client is responsible for making arrangements in the event of natural disasters. If a hurricane warning is issued, Sitters will do all they can to make your pets comfortable, but Clients should have a plan for securing their home and property. Client realizes that we will not provide services until conditions allow us to reach your home safely. *Please see our Hurricane Pet Plan (http://www.pawsitivelivingvi.com/hurricane-pet-plan/).
VETERINARY OR HOMEOWNERS EMERGENCY
Client agrees to authorize Pawsitive Living to handle any emergencies that may arise. Pet Sitter will make every reasonable effort to contact Client and follow their instructions. If Client cannot be reached in a timely manner, and immediate action is necessary; Client authorizes Pet Sitter to take necessary action.
- We reserve the right to take pet(s) to a vet in case of injury or emergency. Client is responsible for all charges incurred in the course of treatment, unless such injury is caused by the negligent act of the Sitter.
- Pawsitive Living does not diagnose, prognose, nor offer veterinary services. Any veterinary/medical concerns will be referred to a veterinarian.
- Pawsitive Living will not sit for injured or acutely ill animals.
- Client is responsible for sitter's time or out of pocket expenses incurred during unforeseen emergencies.
PET TRANSPORT SERVICES
Client understands that there are inherent risks in the transport of animals that is beyond the control of Pawsitive Living, and releases us from liability in the event of pet's injury during transport. Pets will not be allowed off-leash near roads, traffic or public areas where there may be other animals/people/activities that may present a problematic situation.
BILLING & PAYMENT
We request a 50% deposit before pet services being and will be confirmed once payment is received. Dog walking clients will be billed at the end of each month. Invoices are emailed via paypal. We can also mail a hard copy to your home if you prefer. We accept credit/debit cards (via paypal) and checks made payable to "Pawsitive Living, LLC". There is a $35 fee for returned checks. A $25 late fee will be applied for balances 7 or more days late.
Please give us 24 hr in advance to cancel & no charges will be applied. Less than 24 hr notice; will be charged $25. Cancellations during the holidays require 7 days notice, or $50 will be applied, and $75 if less than 24 hr notice is given prior to start of holiday care.
In the event of additional unforeseen visits or other costs (such as food or vet fees), payment is expected within 7 days of return. Credit will be given for early returns/unused services.
(Policies are subject to change without notice)